- Climate Hack 2021 is jointly organised by the Singapore International Foundation and Code for Asia Society Ltd. (collectively, the “Organisers”).
- Climate Hack 2021 is dedicated to providing a fair and equal environment for everyone, regardless of:
- gender identity and expression
- sexual orientation
- physical appearance
- previous hackathon attendance, lack of computing experience, and/or lack of chosen programming language or tech stack
- By participating in Climate Hack 2021, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated herein, as well as any other terms and conditions which may be notified to you from time to time.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will not harass any of the other participants of Climate Hack 2021 or the Organisers in any form.
- Derogatory terms, sexual language and imagery, and any offensive language is not appropriate and shall not be allowed at any hackathon space whether online or offline.
- By participating in Climate Hack 2021, you give the Organisers permission to use any photo or video captured of you in the virtual environment used to conduct Climate Hack 2021, for the Organisers’ internal or marketing purposes. You also expressly consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure by the Organisers of your personal data for the following purposes: (i) communicating with you in relation to Climate Hack 2021; (ii) administrative purposes in relation to the organisation of Climate Hack 2021; and (iii) any other purposes which the Organisers may notify you from time to time. In these Terms and Conditions, “personal data” shall bear the meaning ascribed to it under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012). Such “personal data” may include, but is not limited to, name, identification number, address and email address, amongst others.
- Should you be selected as a finalist, all your team members should be present for the pitching at the Climate Hack 2021 virtual Demo Day, unless there are particular extenuating circumstances. Please check with the Organisers if you have any issues with this.
- All decisions made by the Organisers (including decisions made by the judging panel appointed by the Organisers) pertaining to your participation in or qualification for or disqualification from Climate Hack 2021, as well as decisions on awards and prizes, are final.
- The organisers do not accept any responsibility and expressly exclude liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for:
- any disappointment suffered by you for taking part or not being able to take part in Climate Hack 2021
- any loss or damage to any personal property during Climate Hack 2021
- death or any personal injury suffered by you at Climate Hack 2021
- The Organisers reserve the discretion to change any terms, dates, deliverables or conditions of participation at any time.
- You may be sanctioned or expelled from Climate Hack 2021 at the discretion of the Organisers if you are found to flout any of the terms and conditions.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless the Organisers, their employees, officers, agents and contractors (collectively, the “Indemnified Persons”) from any and all claims brought against the Indemnified Persons and/or any damage, losses, costs or expenses incurred by the Indemnified Persons arising out of or resulting from your participation in Climate Hack 2021, including but not limited to (i) your failure to comply with the terms and conditions stated herein, as well as any other terms and conditions which may be notified to you from time to time; and (ii) any claim or action from a third party that your work infringes such third party’s Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below).
- The organisers reserve the right to change the above rules at any time.
- You represent and warrant that your work shall not infringe upon the copyrights and other Intellectual Property Rights of others.
- You shall only submit original, fresh work.
- You may reuse code for specific components of your work, but recycling a previous project is unacceptable.
- The Organisers may, at their discretion, audit your code to ensure that the work done was your own.
- The Organisers reserve the right to choose the winners at their sole discretion.
- Although not anticipated, competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.
Intellectual Property Rights
- “Intellectual Property Rights” includes in Singapore and throughout the world and for the duration of the rights
- any patents, utility models, copyrights (including future copyright), registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks, trade names, brand names, layout-design rights, registered designs and commercial names and designations;
- any invention, discovery, trade secret, know how, or confidential, business, scientific, technical or product information;
- any other rights resulting from intellectual activity in the commercial, industrial, scientific, literary and artistic fields and whether dealing with manufactured products or services; and
- any letters patent, deed of grant, certificate or document of title for anything referred to in paragraphs (a), (b) or (c) of this definition.
- Teams will retain ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights in and to the work that they submit for Climate Hack 2021.
- In the event that any of the teams decide to commercialise the work that they submit for Climate Hack 2021, each team hereby agrees to grant the Organisers the right of first refusal. For the purpose of this paragraph, “right of first refusal” shall mean that prior to entering into any agreement with a third party, such team shall give written notice to the Organisers of the terms and conditions which the team is then prepared to accept from such third party, and the Organisers shall have the right, within thirty (30) business days of such notice, to give written notice to the team that the Organisers elect to enter into an agreement with the team on those identical terms and conditions, in which event the team shall enter into an agreement with the Organisers on such terms and conditions. For the purposes of this paragraph, a “business day” means a day (other than a Saturday or Sunday or gazetted public holiday) where banks are open for business in Singapore.
- By participating in Climate Hack 2021, each team acknowledges and agrees that the Organisers may receive many submissions in connection with Climate Hack 2021 and/or other marketing initiatives or challenges staged and/or offered by Organisers (“Submitted Ideas”), and that any such Submitted Idea may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Submitted Ideas or other materials developed by the Organisers. Unless prohibited by law, each team waives any and all claims against the Organisers and/or any other participants/teams of Climate Hack 2021 that any submission and/or other works (including videos) accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Organisers or other teams may be similar to their submission, or that any compensation is due to such team in connection with such submission or other works.
- Each team grants the Organisers a non-exclusive, royalty–free licence to use the information contained in the work that they submit for Climate Hack 2021 for all purposes necessary to manage Climate Hack 2021 and to advertise and promote Climate Hack 2021.
- The Organisers reserve the right to substitute or modify the judging panel at any time and for any reason.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and non-appealable, and no appeals or requests for review from any participants/teams shall be accepted.
- The judges will be under no obligation to provide any reasons for their decision.
- The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant/team if they believe the participant/team has breached any of these terms or conditions of Climate Hack 2021 or provided false or misleading information in its submission, or if the participant/team displays any behaviour which the Organisers in their sole discretion deem inappropriate.
- In the event that any participant/team is disqualified from Climate Hack 2021, the Organisers may withdraw any award or prize awarded to that participant/team and publicise that withdrawal.
- The Organisers, in their sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement participant/team should be selected. In this event, any further participant/team will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant/team and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are concerned about any of these statements and how they may apply to you.